Does KLM allow 2 free bags?- All About Airlines Baggage Policy
The ease with which the passenger travels is majorly dependent on the baggage policies that are formulated by the airline. Passengers prefer to fly with an airline that offers them quite a bit of flexibility with the baggage that they carry for their travel. KLM Airlines is a well-established airline service provider for passengers in all aspects. Passenger can see through the baggage policy along with the various guidelines specified by the airline before making a booking with the airline.
Details about KLM Baggage Policy:
The KLM baggage policy that the passenger must adhere to for carry-on, checked-in, and special baggage is entirely different. The details about the same are given as undersigned:
Checked-In baggage policy:
- For passengers traveling in economy class with a standard or flex ticket, the airlines allow one checked baggage weight of 23 kg maximum and dimension of 158 cm. The light ticket holders are usually not allowed to carry any checked baggage with them.
- In Premium Comfort Class, the passengers are allowed to carry 2 checked baggage with a dimension of 158 cm and a weight of 23 kg.
- Business class passengers with KLM Airlines are allowed with 2 checked baggage weighing 32 kg each within the dimensional range of 158 cm.
The passenger can bring one checked baggage for their child within the weight limit of 10 kg for the ticket booked for them.
Hand Baggage Policy:
- Economy class passengers can carry the hand baggage having the dimensional size of 55 x 35 x 25 cm which should not be more than one. They are also allowed a small accessory bag to carry a laptop and other essentials, the dimension of which should not exceed 40 x 30 x 15 cm. The total weight thus allowed is 12 kg.
- The Premium and Business class passenger is allowed to carry 2 items of hand baggage of dimensions 55 x 35 x 25 cm, along with one accessory bag not exceeding the limit in size of 40 x 30 x 15 cm. Th total hand baggage weight thus allowed is 18 kg.
For infants traveling on the lap of an adult, the airline allows them to carry an additional bag with a weight of less than 12 kg.
Note: In case there is a situation where there is not enough space in the overhead cabins on the airline, the passenger would be asked to send the hand baggage through the check-in counter. There is no additional cost that gets charged in such scenarios.
Important points to consider for special baggage:
- Special baggage with the airline consists of various equipment and weapons for shooting and hunting purposes primarily used in sports. All the items should have proper documentation and follow the rules mentioned for carrying them. They need to be checked through the security check-in counters before final boarding.
- Adults traveling with infants are allowed to carry strollers, provided they are within the dimension of 15 x 30 x 100 cm, to be allowed into the cabin for free.
- Musical instruments can either be sent on checked baggage or hand baggage, depending on the size and dimension it has.
Take Notice of: Any additional baggage that the passenger would like to carry with them is subject to baggage cost dependent on the fair type, and destination traveled to.